An inviting, dramatic environment at the Elie Tahari Boutique features DuPont™ Corian® solid surface translucent walls for a dynamic design focal point.
- Design an upscale, self-contained, Saks Fifth Avenue in-store boutique that complements the luxury department store’s sleek look, yet provides customers with a differentiating brand experience for Elie Tahari
- Transform a low-ceiling space into a bright, dynamic design focal point for the store
- Create an inviting, dramatic environment which enhances the elegant style of the clothes.
- Finding a surfacing material that would enable installation with exceptional fit and finish
- Identifying a translucent wall cladding material that may be backlit and milled at different depths to achieve multiple layers of transparency and texture
- Working with a fabricator who could translate the architect’s design drawings into a precise, balanced, non-repeating three-dimensional pattern.
- By combining state-of-the-art CAD software with an extra large CNC router, the fabricator was able to produce easy-to-install, perfectly-matched 60” wide DuPont™ Corian® solid surface panels with no visible seams or mounting hardware
- Using translucent Corian® allowed for a series of larger-than-life floral vines to illuminate the 74’ long wall, opening-up the low-ceiling space.
- Machining two layers of patterns at different gradients in the Corian® helped to create a distinctive wall design that evokes a sense of movement.
- Corian® surfaces can be carved, backlit and thermo-formed into virtually any design—offering unmatched design flexibility
- The Corian® translucent colors allows three times as much light to pass through than other Corian® colors, and provides endless design possibilities and illumination effects
- Corian® is easy to clean, requires minimal maintenance and allows for a virtually seamless appearance.
Microsoft, North Sydney
Located within 1 Denison Street in North Sydney, the new Microsoft Australia Head Office breaks the mould of a traditional workplace and is a fully immersive experience. Thanks to the collective expertise of the GroupGSA team. Microsoft’s hybrid office experience features intelligent lighting, robotics and advanced workplace occupancy sensors linked to Microsoft platforms. The 10,000sqm […]
Corian® on show in Sydney’s luxurious Opera Residences
Positioned to enjoy the most iconic views of Sydney, the Opera Residences at Bennelong Point reflects design and style that is true to Sydney’s wealth of architectural talent. Designed by Tzannes Architects, in collaboration with Interior Designers, Make and Executive Architects Crone; style and elegance resonates throughout, and incorporates the creator’s passion for light, space […]
This island getaway renovation project blends practical high-end materials with sophisticated organic design techniques and the latest technologies to create an elegantly timeless and serene weekend escape for the client. The overall design brief for the project was to creatively transform the existing beach house into a very open and subdued glamorous island retreat that […]
The key to the success of this modern, minimalist kitchen was to split the kitchen island into two equal parts, to allow for good circulation and access. It also created a stunning design statement. The two feature Corian® islands in this kitchen are mirror images of each other. They have a waterfall at one end […]
Alicia Xiberras Interiors recently completed design works for the reception and change room facilities at Atmosphere Signature, Napean River. The health and fitness centre is designed to be unlike anything ever experienced before, with world-class facilities, technologies and innovations throughout the club. The use of Corian® for the gym reception counter, bathroom vanities and foyer bench […]
McDonald’s Sydney International Airport
Floating above the departing passengers, and announcing itself from afar, is a glowing yellow glass box; a new McDonald’s at Sydney Airport’s Terminal 1, designed by Landini Associates in collaboration with McDonald’s Australia. The brief for the restaurant was simple: create an iconic, memorable customer experience, like nothing seen before in restaurant design. For Landini, […]
Based in the Illawarra, Rachael Miklas Design and Detail is a trusted local interior design studio specialising in new construction and renovations in the local area. Rachael was entrusted with the design for Coledale, a new build right on the waterfront. The home lends itself to light and breezy atmosphere, where simplicity and cleverly thought […]
Anne Hindley and the team at Hindley & Co Architecture and Interiors used tone-on-tone colour and space layering to reinvigorate this grand double storey heritage house in Balwyn. Anne amplified the great features of the original house and got playful with referencing them in the contemporary rework. The existing arches of the library and the […]
New Zealand designer Annika Rowson has just unveiled this elegant beauty – a third kitchen in her Rowson Kitchens showroom. Having a showroom that changes every couple of years enables Annika not only to showcase leading edge materials, concepts and functional features in kitchen design, but also to personally challenge herself to apply materials in […]
Hotel Sofitel Brussels, Le Louise, Belgium
Monumental wall covering in translucent lacework of DuPont™ Corian® solid surface turns Brussels hotel into a place of pilgrimage for design lovers When Portuguese designer, architect, artist and top chef Antoine Pinto takes on a new project he gives it 200% of his creativity, as witnessed in the reopening of the Hotel Sofitel Brussels Le Louise, […]
St Vincents Private Hospital
Corian® was selected as the primary wall lining material for the refurbishment of Operating Rooms at St Vincents Private Hospital Sydney, following a collaborative prototyping process including rigorous bacterial, chemical, stain and impact resistance testing. Critically, the seamless joining capabilities of Corian® allowed the walls to be constructed without any visible conventional joints which are natural weak points […]